Friday, May 16

Jayce Parente, Columnist, MSnewsChannel.com


Jayce Parente,
Columnist,
MSnewsChannel.com
AM I DYING? I JUST STOPPED TAKING TYSABRI!

Am I ok?
Are these MS symptoms?

Are they the potentially lethal PML symptoms? 


I've been told to be "mindful" of PML symptoms yet PML symptoms and MS relapse symptoms are identical.

I know you're gonna say call my "Care Team" but what good is that when they are going to give me a script for a blood test in which it will take me a few days until I can have blood drawn only to wait a few days to get the results when I'm "supposed" to act QUICKLY?

So let me get this straight? I've taken a drug for 2 years that has been linked to causing progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). I just stopped taking this drug and am currently detoxing from it.

I also have started to generate more intense symptoms SINCE stopping this drug. Are these MS symptoms?

Are they the potentially lethal PML symptoms?

I've been told to be "mindful" of PML symptoms yet PML symptoms and MS relapse symptoms are identical.

Well, identical with the exception of death or increased likelihood of seizures.
I've also been told if I suspect PML it is VERY important to respond quickly so a plasma exchange can be performed.

So, basically, am I supposed to wait for a seizure and I'm on the floor swallowing my tongue to figure out whether I'm having an MS or PML seizure?

So how do I tell?


Any of you guys have any ideas?

Since stopping the Tysabri I've been steadily degrading and gotten MUCH worse to a point I've been embarrassing myself
online, can't really can't function physically or cognitively and the only person I'll physically even attempt to speak to is Christine because she's the only person who can understand my cognitively broken and slurred speech?

*Seriously, most of you would be SHOCKED I'm so quiet "face to face" or out in public considering what a BIG mouth I am here online.

Anyhow, I know you're gonna say call my "Care Team" but what good is that when they are going to give me a script for a blood test in which it will take me a few days until I can have blood drawn only to wait a few days to get the results when I'm "supposed" to act QUICKLY?

Thank You
Jason
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU ARE A NEUROLOGIST AND WOULD LIKE TO TELL JAYCE YOUR OPINIONS:  SEND THEM TO OUR EDITOR AT: stan@msnewschannel.com

IF YOU ARE A MSer AND WOULD LIKE TO GIVE JAYCE SUPPORT CLICK HERE:


JAYCE IS WORRIED ABOUT PML FROM TYSABRI HE'S BEEN ON! I'M WORRIED ABOUT JAYCE! PLUS JAYCE HAS 8 QUESTIONS FOR EVERYONE!